LawHelpNC.orgNorth Carolina

Marriage, Divorce, and Name Changes

Authored By: Social Security Administration
Read this in:
Spanish / EspaƱol

On this webpage, the Social Security Administration explains how to change or correct your name on your Social Security number card after marriage or divorce. There is also a link to a PDF document discussing name changes in North Carolina.




Last Review and Update: Jan 21, 2021